Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gradient Mesh


Contemporary dream researchers tell us that dreams are an essential part of learning; this dream seems to back up the idea.

The Dream: I am using Adobe Illustrator’s gradient mesh tool, over and over.

Interpretation:
  During the day I had been working on a complicated illustration of an azalea and for the first time had intensively used Illustrator’s gradient mesh--a very powerful tool, but tricky to get to know. The dream, in which I  practice endlessly, supports the theory that one of the reasons we dream is to perfect waking life skills.

2 comments:

  1. I really love this picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tasha! It's part of the series "The Yosemite Herbal." I'll be showing these at the Yosemite Art Center the week of September 13, along with teaching a drawing class.

    ReplyDelete