Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Power of Moonlight



When a character in your dream does something you feel is very alien, it might be your shadow. Shadows express parts of ourselves that we have repressed.

The Dream: Walking Indian file, in a narrow procession, returning from an event in Hampshire. We go over hills and downs, snaking under the moonlight. My neighbor Jenna is naked as we head toward Hartford House (her home). Her body looks lithe and young, like a slender adolescent. I notice myself adjusting my ruffled collar blouse, making sure I am covered. I think she’s being scandalous, showing off her body. I, of course, would never do such a thing. She is completely free, unselfconscious.

Interpretation: I would like to feel freer and be less self-conscious.

1 comment:

  1. In my dream she takes on the look of a spirit as well as a body. In her unself consciousness she represents another world of perception. A moonbath must be delicious and subtly empowering. Maybe I should throw aside my rather retro Dianne Feinsteinian ruffled blouse...

    ReplyDelete