Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Daughter’s Haircut


I’ve started a new dream journal, which always feels like a fresh beginning. I had hoped to have an interesting dream to kick off the event, but the little I remember of this one doesn’t seem so—at least it didn’t until I thought about it. Now I can see the dream is pointing out the part of myself I need to stick up for.

The Dream: My daughter has a new haircut. I’m talking to a woman who works at the salon, who tells me that my daughter was charged $300.00 but should have paid only $90.00. I say I will tell her; the salon worker doesn’t want me to. She wants the shop to retain its ill-gotten gain.

Interpretation:
Hair, coming out of my head, represents my ideas; the new hairdo tells me something is changing. Since it is my child whose hair is different, the dream points out that I’m coming to a new understanding of the role my inner child plays in my contemporary life. I feel she has paid too dearly (been overcharged) for her creativity (new ideas).  I protest her mistreatment, but as far as this dream goes I do nothing but threaten to squeal. Since I can see this mistreatment is unfair, I hope that in a future dream I will fight harder for my child’s rights.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many. haircuts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comment, Herbert. I spent many years compiling this blog, and it has over 600 dreams, each with its own illustration and interpretation. I hope it is helpful to others who are interested in exploring their own inner reality.
    I decided that 600 posts were enough, and I have moved on to a new blog. The new one is inspired by Elaine Drew's novel "Courting Trouble," a book that is grounded in myth as well as history. This blog can be found at http://courtingtrouble.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete