Sunday, December 27, 2015

Taking Things In In Its Own Way


A Caltech lecture on a new direction for robots inspired today's dream, one that provides an example of how we can look at an image in the same way we look at a narrative.
The Dream: The dream is only an image. It is a fly with a long snake-like tongue that it uses to capture its prey.

Interpretation: A lecture I attended focused on how biology is the model for robots as tiny as a white blood cell or an e-coli bacterium. One trigger for the dream was a slide of white blood cells going after a virus. In my image a fly, a loathsome creature, has a kind of appeal. With its long tongue it has created its own way to take things in. The dream tells me that even the things I dislike and find repulsive have their own purpose, and I shouldn't be too quick to think I know what they're about. And it hints that I might be using my own unattractive traits for protection, even sustenance.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I had left a comment before about a search box. I figured it out, I thought the search box at the top searched blogger, not just your blog. Thanks and keep up the good work with your intelligent and insightful readings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm glad you were able to find the search box. It can be hard to spot (upper left hand corner, above "The Daily Dreamer), but it works well once discovered. And this can be useful: there are over 600 dreams on this site that you can search to help jump start the process of looking at possible meanings of your dream.

    ReplyDelete