Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Statue of Liberty


Dreams often play on words, so it can be helpful to engage your crossword puzzle-solving skills when you try to decipher your dream.

 Dream Image: A woman with phony blonde hair is a statue similar to the Statue of Liberty. She is surrounded by water and in modern dress, a blue skirt and red top.

Interpretation: For me, the unconscious is “dumb” in the old-fashioned sense of the word, i.e. mute, so my dream presents it as a symbol of “dumb” in our culture: the dumb blonde. That I see her blonde hair as phony tells me she really can speak, but since she is a statue there’s the implication she can’t move. So I must be stuck. Or perhaps she is saying she can’t come to me, but I can go to her. She holds aloft a flame, signifying enlightenment. And she has taken the pose of the Statue of Liberty. She lifts her lamp to the liberation of the unconscious material (the water) surrounding her.

No comments:

Post a Comment